This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

VS2005 - cant get debugging of reference source to work

Mar 7, 2008 at 3:54 PM
Hi,
I've downloaded the source for .NET 2.0sp1 and followed the instructions given here to enable debugging of the framework in VS2005, but it doesn't work.

When I set a breakpoint in (eg) Button.cs, the breakpoint is flagged with "The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document".

I have:
Added the source directory in Tools|Options|Debugging|Symbols
Unchecked "Require source files to be exactly etc" in Tools|Options|Debugging|General
Added the source directory in Solution|Properties|Common Properties|Debug Source Files

Does anyone have any suggestions? A 'code download' with detailed instructions is mentioned, but doesn't exist on the downloads page. I'm hoping there's a solution, because this'd be hugely useful.
Mar 7, 2008 at 4:08 PM
I got it working by adding another step that doesn't get a mention on the front page VS2005 instructions: Uncheck "Enable Just My Code" in Tools|Options|Debugging|General.
Coordinator
Mar 31, 2008 at 1:31 PM
Sry, it is already mentioned in the codeproject article.

confuzatron wrote:
I got it working by adding another step that doesn't get a mention on the front page VS2005 instructions: Uncheck "Enable Just My Code" in Tools|Options|Debugging|General.