This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

No matching PDB file on symbol server

Jun 8, 2008 at 7:51 AM
Edited Jun 8, 2008 at 7:52 AM
Hello,
first thanks for the great work. ;-)

Though, I've some troubles. I got couple of "No matching PDB file on symbol server", any idea why this happens?

- I am using Vista SP1 (though RC), Visual Studio 2008.
- I've trying to run the tool as administrator as suggested in other discussions.
- It actually downloads some libraries with source, like UIAutomationClientsideProviders, PresentationBuildTasks and similar (total processed count 5). But it fails with the above message on files like mscorlib, PresentationCore etc...
- I've already downloaded PDBs before as described by Shawn, so I had to use -force switch. However, it's very likely I did not have the PDBs which the NetMassDownloader downloaded succesfuly with source.
- If I run the tool again, the results are same.
- It works in Visual Studio 2008 with all libraries.

Thanks!
Jan

Coordinator
Jun 13, 2008 at 11:42 PM
Jan,

You probably don't have the RTM version of .NET 3.5 installed. From the home page:

If none of the files can be downloaded please download and install the RTM Version of the .NET Framework 3.5. Nearly all the problems people have with NetMassDownloader is that they do not have the appropriate version of the .NET Framework on your machine. Microsoft only supports the .NET Framework 3.5 for the .NET Reference Source. Even if you are only using Visual Studio 2005, you must install the .NET Framework 3.5.

John Robbins