This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Message Not available

Jul 15, 2008 at 9:42 AM
Hi,

Whenever i am trying to download the source it is giving a message saying "not availbale" what could be the reason.

--Anish Devasia
Jul 22, 2008 at 12:16 PM
I'm having the same problem...
I can download the .NET 3.0 files (system.speech) but for the 2.0 I constantly get 'Not Available' with version 1.3.
Version 1.2 doesn't work anymore.
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2008 at 6:32 AM
netmassdownloader -f "c:\Winnt\Microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\System.dll" -output c:\dev\NetFXSource -verbose seems to be working fine.
Also 
netmassdownloader -d "c:\Winnt\Microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727" -output c:\dev\NetFXSource -verbose seems to be working fine.

I downloaded the System.pdb , System.Windows.Forms.pdb without any problems including their source codes.

Jul 23, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Well I tried on another machine and there it indeed all works, with the same commands. :-s

I don't know what the difference is, it can't be the proxy because it works for 3.5 but 2.0 doesn't do anything...

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2008 at 10:33 AM
The latest version of mscorlib microsoft provides source codes for is 2.0 SP1 (Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista SP1) 2.0.50727.1434.

Did you accidentally installed SP1 Beta For VS2008 , which also installs SP2 Beta For .Net Framework 2.0?

It seems you installed the sp1 beta for the VS2008 , that is the reason you cannot download the source codes, because they are not available as far as i know. I made already an entry about this in the Source Server Forum and mailled also Shawn Burke about the issue , but i still got no response from them.

Best Regards
İzzet Kerem Küsmezer
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2008 at 10:35 AM
Hi Nick,

Can you provide me the .Net 2.0 Assembly versions on your computer?

Best Regards
Kerem Kusmezer
Jul 23, 2008 at 1:07 PM
No I don't have 2008, just 2005.
And the system was just installed 2 weeks ago.
System.dll: 2.0.50727.3031

I also used this tool to get the versions: http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html
It gives this output:
< Installed .NET Frameworks >
.NET FW 1.1 SP 1
.NET FW 2.0 SP 2
.NET FW 3.0 SP 2
.NET FW 3.5 SP 2

So apparantly this is the cause then... I don't know where SP2 came from because I didn't install VS2K8.
Is the final released already?

Would it be feasible for you to give a more descriptive message, e.g that the current framework isn't supported yet. Instead of 'Not available'.
And maybe a list of framework versions that are supported and the ones installed. Or a link to this tool to check the versions, or...

Thanks for the quick help!
Nick
Coordinator
Jul 24, 2008 at 11:32 AM
Shawn Burkes Response About The Topic:

Yes, at (or shortly after) RTM.

Some of the data code was held back, I've been working with that team to get clarity about that. Hopefully they'll release more as time goes on.

Thanks,

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: keremskusmezer@gmail.com [mailto:keremskusmezer@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 12:45 AM
To: Shawn Burke
Subject: (Shawn Burke's Blog) : Reference Source Code Bugs
Importance: High

The OleDbCommand.cs only includes Empty Content.
This is true for most of the OleDb And Odbc Classes, is it intentionaly leaved blank , or is it a bug?

Also i see the sourcecodes for beta1 sp1 of the 3.5 framework version has not been released.

Will they be released when the sp1 goes to RPM.

Best Regards
Kerem Küsmezer

Coordinator
Jul 24, 2008 at 11:50 AM

Netmassdownloader extracts the version information for the pdb and guid directly from the pe files debug section, therefar the current framework isn't supported yet will not be feasible, because it is a generic framework over the pdb's and pe files, therefore when Microsoft will release the source codes in their source server with the pdb's , there won't be any need to update the netmassdownloader unless they change the download procedures, because it is like a srcsrv client.

But during verbose mode , i will write out also the version of the assemblies processed to the output , so everybody can now with which version of .Net Framework he is current working.

Best Regards

Kerem Kusmezer

Sep 15, 2008 at 4:55 AM
Hi, I am having trouble downloading any sources.
I'm using VS2005 and .NET 2.0.50727.1433

I've tried the following command line and got "Not available" for all the files.
NetMassDownloader.exe -d C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 -output c:\ReferenceSource -verbose

AND:
netmassdownloader -f "c:\Windows\Microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\System.dll" -output c:\ReferenceSource -verbose

The only file that appears in the the output dir (c:\ReferenceSource) is: PESymbolList.xml with the following content:
<List xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <PEFile>
    <FileName>System.dll</FileName>
    <Description>.NET Framework</Description>
    <Version>2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)</Version>
    <Size>3076096</Size>
    <LastWriteTimeUtc>23/10/2007 2:47:40 PM</LastWriteTimeUtc>
    <PdbFileName>System.pdb</PdbFileName>
    <PdbGuid>4289e5df-dc44-3c4f-b4c8-7f2071a688a5</PdbGuid>
    <PdbVersion>DFE5894244DC4F3CB4C87F2071A688A51</PdbVersion>
    <PdbAge>1</PdbAge>
  </PEFile>
</List>

I'd appreciate your help. Thanks,
Daniel
Nov 19, 2008 at 11:59 PM
I have the identical problem as sdjc posted just in the previous message.  I have the 2.0 SP1 framework installed, and used the identical command line he tried with netmassdownloader v1.5.0.1.  No files download; every file gets the "not available" message

Can anyone help? Thanks
Jim
Dec 10, 2008 at 2:45 PM
Hi !

For anyone experiencing the same problem, i just installed .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and everything is fine now !

C:\Toolset\NetMassDownloader>NetMassDownloader.exe -v -d C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 -o C:\Debug

------------------------------------------------------------------------
FileCount : 312/576
FileName  : SqlConnectionStringBuilder.cs
Directory : C:\Debug\dd\ndp\fx\src\Data\System\Data\SqlClient
Downloading SqlDataAdapter.cs
       10 KB  100%
FileCount : 313/576
FileName  : SqlDataAdapter.cs
Directory : C:\Debug\dd\ndp\fx\src\Data\System\Data\SqlClient
Downloading SqlDataReader.cs
      114 KB  100%

------------------------------------------------------------------------

dilas.com.br
Dec 24, 2008 at 1:27 AM
I just installed .NET 3.5 SP1 as  suggested.  NetMassDownloader.exe -v -d C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727 -o C:\Debug.  Same problem, everything gives status "not available", and when it gets to processing Microsoft.visualbasic.pdb, it stops with an exception:

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.InvalidDataException: Found invalid data while decoding.
   at DownloadLibrary.Classes.PdbParser.ParsePdbBody(MemoryStream PdbStream) in C:\Documents and Settings\Kusmezer\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Project1\DownloadLibrary\Classes\PdbParsing\PdbParser.cs:line 229
   at DownloadLibrary.Classes.PdbParser..ctor(MemoryStream PdbStream) in C:\Documents and Settings\Kusmezer\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Project1\DownloadLibrary\Classes\PdbParsing\PdbParser.cs:line 197
   at DownloadLibrary.Classes.PdbFileExtractor.CreatePdbParser() in C:\Documents and Settings\Kusmezer\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Project1\DownloadLibrary\Classes\PdbParsing\PdbFileExtractor.cs:line 163
   at DownloadLibrary.Classes.PdbFileExtractor..ctor(String pdbFileName) in C:\Documents and Settings\Kusmezer\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Project1\DownloadLibrary\Classes\PdbParsing\PdbFileExtractor.cs:line 187
   at NetMassDownloader.Program.ProcessFiles() in C:\Documents and Settings\Kusmezer\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Project1\NetMassDownloader\Program.cs:line 200
   at NetMassDownloader.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Documents and Settings\Kusmezer\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Project1\NetMassDownloader\Program.cs:line 102

Like nick_journals, I also used this tool to get the versions: http://www.asoft.be/prod_netver.html
It gives this output:
< Installed .NET Frameworks >
.NET FW 1.1 SP 1
.NET FW 2.0 SP 2
.NET FW 3.0 SP 2
.NET FW 3.5 SP 2  <<< this must be bogus, as add/remove programs shows only SP1 which I just installed today.

Note I have never installed any version of VS2008; I only have VS2005.  http://coding.infoconex.com/post/2008/11/NET-20-SP2-Installation---Were-to-find-it.aspx  says when you install 3.5 SP2, it automatically installs 2.0 SP2!

Jim
Dec 24, 2008 at 1:29 AM
Sorry, my last sentence should have said:  "when you install 3.5 SP1, it automatically installs 2.0 SP2!"