This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

NetMassDownload 1.5

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2008 at 4:46 AM
Hello!

Want to get all the .NET Reference Source Code that works with VS 2008 SP1? If so, grab the 1.5 release. Kerem and I added all the support.

Let us know if you find any bugs or have any feature requests!

- John Robbins.
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2008 at 8:31 AM
Hi John,

Good job thanks a lot for the bug fixes.
Aug 31, 2008 at 10:15 AM
Seriously, I was pulling my hair out trying to get this thing to work, basically wasted 5 hours trying to get 1.4 working... : /  I was so pissed so I came back here to download the source code and fix the problems and get it working with SP1, but found 1.5 released just now.  So, I'll give 1.5 a try, and hope it works.

Thanks for the fixes
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2008 at 10:28 AM
Hi Chavez,

I found some other bugs for VS2005 download mode , sry i am fixing them also now.
The bugs are introduced because i did tested only the -o switch feature but not the symbol server stuff,
also not tested very well.

You can get it as 1.5.0.1 from the download page in 20 mins.
Aug 31, 2008 at 10:37 AM
Yes, I just tried 1.5, and there are still some bugs....

I also noticed that the source files differ slightly from the ones that VS2008 downloads by itself.  The files downloaded with netmassdownloader terminate all source the files with 0x0D0A (CRLF)..... Some files that VS2008 downloads (tested with System.Web.Extensions) have 0xA0 (dec: 160) as EOF terminators.  I think the PDB keep a hash of the source file... thus, source files downloaded netmasdownloader will have different hashes compared to the ones in the PDB causing the dialog "search for debug file" to pop up.  I know i can get rid of this error message by changing some settings in the Tools>Opts.>Debugging window, but the problem is, if I get rid of that message, the source files will be out of sync with the stack frame, so debugging internally with using the DebugViews wont' be available.

You need to keep the integrity of the source files in byte[] form and use File.WriteAllBytes() with the data you get from the reference server.  As a quick check, find out where the hash for the source file is stored in the PDB and check it against the one you write to disk to ensure that the source file is in sync with the PDB.

Thanks,
Brian
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2008 at 11:45 AM
Hi Brian,

1) You can always suppress this just unchecking the Require Source Files To Exactly Match The Original Version. But i am changing the code , so it downloads always the correct file structure.
2) For pdb version checking of the sourcecodes, i need to extend the parser , so i can process the file mapping stream also, because pdb is undocumented and therefore i use my own parser to parse it out, i should hack this out. I began working on this also.

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks, can you mail me at izzetkeremskusmezer@gmail.com, so i can send the beta for testing to you before checking the code changes in.

Best Regards
Kerem Kusmezer
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2008 at 12:50 PM
Hi Brian,

Actually i am using System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes to write the downloaded data to the filesystem and using Webclient's DownloadData Method, then the bug should be in the DownloadData method instead of my downloader.
I am investigation the issue.

Best Regards
Kerem Kusmezer